12.06.2007

handcrafters' holidays

Sew, Mama, Sew! is asking crafters for their favorite handmade holiday gifts, both to give and receive. Maybe go check out what other crafters are making/suggesting for gifts this season, and here are my answers to the SMS! blog questions:

Q: Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give?
A: This isn't handmade, but it's heartfelt. My mom has a beautiful collection of green depression glass that came from her mother. She's always looking for more pieces for her specific pattern, and so that means I'm always on the look-out when I'm at flea markets too. I like to get her a piece or two for her birthday or Christmas... or both!

Q: If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making?
A: At least the family/friends who read this blog won't know who's getting what... scarves, covered photo albums, ice cream cozies, stationery sets, and lined zippered clutches. The clutches I'm making using Splityarn's wristlet tutorial. I 'd be lost without it! Below is a quilted zippered wristlet I made for an Etsy customer using the tutorial.











Q:
Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received?
A: My sister Alicia makes such beautiful cards... I have to keep every single one she ever sends me. This year she made all the invitations for my two baby showers; they were adorable and everyone commented on how cute they were! I was so grateful for the work she put into them and for making my showers so special in that way.

Q: Name one thing on your personal wish list.
A: I need a long wallet to hold everything, like this one from Bliss By Heather. That way the mommy essentials are all in one place in the diaper bag!

Q: Do you make and sell things that would make fantastic gifts?
A: I think I do! But there are only a few things left in my Etsy shop as I try to wind down in preparing for the birth of my baby (two weeks to go!). So I haven't been replenishing things right now.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Thanks so much for mentioning me! It makes me smile that you think so highly of my cards. I really can't wait to see you again.

Kimma said...

I`m so excited for you :] You need to put up pictures of your baby when she's born and her nursery- which I bet is the most darlin thing ever! Best wishes for a quick & easy labor!

Hannah said...

Best wishes to you and your new baby! Your wristlet is very pretty!

I bet the green depression glass your mom collects is FireKing! My grandparents have a ton of it!

Rachel's mom said...

The depression glass I collect is a beautiful pattern called Florentine #1 & #2 also called the Poppy pattern. Rachel is so sweet to always be on the lookout for more. The goal is a complete set for 25!